Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 3 - Part 2

Wow - I fell a little behind to say the least.  Try to catch up in the time I have this afternoon before braving the rain for 20 or so more km to get to a campsite.  So - fo finish up with Day 3 - I made it just over 90 km to Napanee.  After the library, went to the Belleville farmers market - where I stocked up on local plums, peaches and cherries...delicious!  Then, went to Subway where a man who enjoys cycling decided to join me (much to the disappointment of his wife - she seemed more interested in leaving), and we discussed the plan for the trip.  He let me know that from Belleville essentially to Montreal is really flat - should be able to make good time.  So, off to Napanee.  On the ride through the Mohawk reserve there, I had a couple of kids trying to shoot me out the window of their car with some kind of a bebee gun...or toy...or something.  They missed - so I think I won that round! 


A Church from the 1800`s on the Mohawk Reserve


After a not so exciting ride along Highway 2 - away from the waterfront, I went for a quick swim in Deseronto, then finished off in Napanee with dinner and a night in a motel...Luxurious!

No comments:

Post a Comment