Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 7 - Cornwall to Uncle Robbie`s in Montreal

Well - I wasn`t really sure how far I needed to go today.  My maps ended at the border to Quebec - so I woke up with next to no idea where I might find myself tonight.  Turns out, I was much closer then I had expected...and started seeing signs for Quebec only 25 km into my ride.  Right before crossing the border, I had a cyclist come up behind me and decide to ride with me to his place...he was out on his morning ride.  He was from Quebec, and we enjoyed conversation as we rode.  He was there to take a picture of me with the sign as we went into the province...will have to add later - can`t figure out the french computer instructions!!

*** Lots more pictures on Facebook!!! ***
Click here to see them now!!

After he left, I stopped in at a few gas stations looking for a provincial road map....NOTHING.  Getting a little frustrated with my lack of knowledge, I decided it was time to call Uncle Robbie.  It turned out I was a lot closer to his place then I though...although we were a little confused as to where I was a the time.  So, we devised an attempted plan for getting me to him, and off I went again.  It was about lunchtime, and there was a pretty neat looking ­Resto-bar right on the shore of the St. Lawrence, so went in there - had a almond and brie sandwich with poutine and a delicious beer, in a fantastic location!  It was like a little slice of the islands.

Afterwards - continued on the ride - which, turned out to be quite a bit longer then we expected - 90 km for the day to make it through Hudson to the Ferry to Oka - but, it was a very pretty ride.  In Oka, Uncle, Charles and Arielle and it was off to my home for the night to celebrate Elyse`s birthday.

Had a great visit with the whole family - was up until 2:00 with Uncle Robbie sharing stories and laughs.  A great time all around - thanks again Mayer-Epworths for all your hospitality!!

No comments:

Post a Comment