Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 21 - St. John to Digby

Today was not a happy body day.  I needed the rest day definitely - my legs had given up on me; but my knee is really sore and my left quad is kind of stuck straight - bit of a problem when trying to cycle.  And today's walking didn't feel too nice either...bad news bears. 

But, today was a pretty good day otherwise!  We woke up first thing and off to Tim's for breakfast.  Today was the day I realized that going home, I'd have to watch my appetite after biking...we didn't bike anywhere (really - only 11 km) today and I ate like a champ.  After that, biked to the ferry - on the way past the reversing rapids in downtown St. John - a neat idea, but the rapids really aren't all that exciting right now...the concept, Bay of Fundy has big tides; when tide is up, the Bay flows up into the St. John river, and rapids go upstream, when the tide goes out, flows downstream.  If you're looking at the picture thinking I'm not sure this is that exciting - you're on the same wave length as me!


St. John - in the sun, maybe not so bad...
As we were riding through St. Johns today, we decided maybe we were a little hard on St. John last night.  We rode right back along the same streets through the city and all the houses looked nicer, the sun was shining.  It may've been just excitement to get out of the city - but I'll give it a little credit.

Our Ferry coming into port
There was something awful nice about moving without having to work for a bit.  The ferry actually travelled at around the same speed as we did, and today was my first rest day in ten days.  Ready for it.

The ferry wasn't so exciting though - we had expected a much bigger boat, with more to do on it - but, no such luck.  They did have fantastic scallops (ohhhh - can't wait for DIGBY!), but other then that it was just sitting and waiting.  No Norae Bang (singing room) like on Bas's Korean ferries...We did meet the head chef for the ship who was having a smoke break - gave us some real info on where to go for dinner!

Digby made me happy - this was more what I had been looking for in St. John - fishing village, lobster and scallops (Digby Scallops - best in the world!) for dinner.  It was a great place - I wanted to stay, and Bas decided he would!  A good chance to hang out with Bas before I take off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment