Monday, September 6, 2010

The End

Well, I'll spare you all the descriptions of what I did in Halifax - essentially, I played regular tourist...and enjoyed lots of live music at night. 

It's been a great trip!  So - after 2137.7 km, 106 hours and 20 minutes in the saddle, an average speed of 20.14 km/hour and somewhere around 510,400 pedal strokes, I made the goal.  Yes, I'm that much of a nerd that I calculated all of this - but, I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments, and feel I've earned this much nerdiness!

Now it's time to figure out where next!  The trip (and meeting Bas - who has been so far on two wheels) convinced me that there is no better way to travel!  You miss lots (anything outside of 5 or 10 km of the route you're taking), but you see so much more in the areas you do go to!  So, if you've got suggestions - feel free to email.  I figure I've got ten months to pay off the debts and plan for the next one!  Thanks if you followed - you're a better person then I!  Although, now I owe some people - I promise I'll try to take more interest in other's blogs.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was an amazing trip ... I have enjoyed reading your blog this summer. You have a knack for this Web 2.0 stuff ;-)

    ReplyDelete